These beautiful and exfoliating washcloths are hand-knit in a lovely circular pattern with a bumpy surface for increased grip and scrubbing power. A great gift for all the women in your life!
Each scrub cloth is hand knitted by an artisan in India, and they earn much needed wages for themselves and their families. Read more about them below and also HERE.
• Made from 100% certified organic cotton
• 23 cm / 9" diameter
• Use for both wet and dry scrubbing
• Exfoliates skin and stimulates circulation
• Machine wash & dry
• Compostable and recycles as potting mesh
* More about the knitters: In Nababpur India, over 230 women desperate for a dignified way to earn a living, are mobilized and trained to create Toockies® products. A community center provides these women with a central location for training, knitting, picking-up yarn, and dropping off finished product, though most knitters work from home, as is culturally required, allowing them to work flexible hours.
The Toockies® project makes a difference by empowering these women to take charge of their own destiny.
In gratitude, the knitters have been given a voice by teaching them how to write their names and adding them to the packaging. Their photographs and their wishes have also been added to the Tookies website so that anyone who wants to know who the name on their Toockies® Brand Product belongs to, can look her up. Please visit www.toockies.com for more info!