KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal not only purifies ordinary tap water, but does so in a way that is totally eco-friendly.
In a world that produces millions of tons of plastic waste and carbon emissions every year, KURO-Bō is the only non-plastic water filter that is reusable, 100% recyclable and results in minimal carbon dioxide emissions – from the way in which it’s made to its completely eco-friendly packaging.
*** Not available for China export
• Attracts positively-charged toxins and metals (like chlorine, lead and mercury) and attaches those toxins to itself on a microscopic level, removing them from the water
• Use a single KURO-Bō stick up to three months, depending on the volume of water being purified, as well as the quality of the water
• Enriches water with many of the beneficial minerals that were originally stored in the living hardwood tree from which it was created, including magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorus; neutralizes pH
• Sustainable packaging: the box is made from recycled and recyclable card, and the bag is compostable corn starch
1. Remove the KURO-Bō stick from its compostable corn starch bag and boil it in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes. Then allow it to cool.
2. Once the KURO-Bō stick has cooled, fill your container with 2 to 3 litres of tap water. Insert the single KURO-Bō stick and wait for the natural purifying process to begin. There is no need to remove the stick at any stage, just top up your water as needed.
While the KURO-Bō stick does begin to work immediately, for best results, allow it to rest for at least 6 – 8 hours, or overnight, either at room temperature or in the fridge.
3. After one month of daily use, simply boil your KURO-Bō stick for 10 minutes, again allow it to cool, and reuse as before.
4. After two months of daily use, reactivate your KURO-Bō stick again, allow it to cool and reuse as before. Once filtered, if your water still tastes clean and fresh, continue to reuse your KURO-Bō stick. If not, simply recycle your KURO-Bō stick in a number of innovative ways:
Dehumidify your bathroom
Use it as a beautiful and organic air purifier
Keep it in your fridge or cupboards to keep them odour free
Break the stick up and put into your pet litter tray to remove odours
Add it to your aquarium to neutralise the pH of the water
Put it in your vegetable drawer to keep your veggies fresher for longer, or put into the fruit bowl to keep fruit from ripening too soon
Keep flowers fresher for longer
Break up your stick and bury it in your garden to balance the pH and remineralise your soil
Burn it on your braai
Use it in your bath for some well-deserved pampering (the charcoal mineralise, removes impurities from the water, and stimulates blood flow)
Deflect/absorb electromagnetic and radio waves from computers, mobile phones and even microwaves in your home or at work