We've looked for ways to completely eliminate, or at least decrease, plastic waste when it comes to toothpaste, and this is one option we've found.
Sold in a truly recyclable metal tube, with only the highest ingredients inside, the only downside to this premium toothpaste is the plastic cap (which can also be recycled!). We love this company and product so much and hope you do too!
• Made using the highest quality natural ingredients to safely & effectively whiten teeth, fight plaque, and freshen breath
• Committed to using premium USA originated ingredients to ensure the highest quality product while supporting American jobs
• Metal tube key included: slide on the end of metal tube in order to roll/squeeze all of the toothpaste goodness out
• Family owned and operated
• 100% made in the USA
• 5.25 oz
• Calcium Carbonate - Natural material mined from the earth. Used as a mild abrasive to help prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
• Purified Water - Used to blend ingredients and give texture.
• Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)- Natural material mined from the earth. Used to neutralize the plaque forming acids in your mouth. Helps prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
• Vegetable Glycerin - Davids uses only food grade domestic non-gmo vegetable glycerin derived from vegetable oils ( not to be confused with industrial glycerin or other glycerin products produced from animal fats). Used to moisten the mouth and enhance the natural mint oil flavor. Also usedas a natural preservativeto keep the paste moist and to keep the ingredients from separating.
• Hydrated Silica - Natural material from the earth that is used to help remove surface stains and whiten & polish teeth. Others use low quality imported silica with large abrasive particles that can scratch or damage the enamel....Davids uses only the highest quality USA made silica with ultra fine microscopic particles designed to safely clean and polish the enamel on your teeth.
• Xylitol (birch derived) - a five-carbon sugar used as a sweetener, but more importantly, has the effect of reducing plaque formation and inhibits enamel demineralization. We use only a premium USA produced xylitol derived from birch trees, which is considered the best for both you and the environment. Research studies show that xylitol works to reduce the formation of cavities.
• Sodium Cocyl Glutamate - Natural alternative to SLS which is derived from coconut oil and sulfate free. Used to create a mild foaming action which suspends the other ingredients in your mouth while brushing, helping the cleaning and whitening process.
• Carrageenan- Seaweed powder. Natural seaweed is hand harvested from the ocean, dried, and milled to a fine powder. When we add the water and other liquids to the seaweed powder, it creates a gel paste. Without seaweed powder (carrageenan), our toothpaste would have a syrup like consistency. There has been confusion about this ingredient because there is a NON FOOD GRADE version known as degraded Carrageenan (aka poligeenan) - formerly referred to as degraded carrageenan. Learn More
• Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil - A pure domestic essential oil of peppermint derived from natural mint leaves. Used to give the toothpaste a natural peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath. We developed a custom blend of ultra premium, USA produced, mint oils from various mint growing regions around the US to create a one of a kind mint flavor that is amazing!
• Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil - A pure domestic essential oil of spearmint derived from natural spearmint leaves. Used to compliment the peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath.
• Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil - A pure domestic essential oil of wintergreen derived from natural wintergreen leaves. Used to compliment the peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath.
• Stevia (Leaf Extract) - Derived from the stevia plant. Used as a natural sweetener and to further enhance the natural mint oil flavoring.
• Recyclable Metal Tube - This classic collapsible metal tube helps seal in the natural mint oil flavor and can be recycled. Plastic tubes are cheaper, but Davids believes it's more important to use what works best and is environmentally conscious.
• FSC Certified Paperboard Packaging - Committed to environmental sustainability, this paperboard packaging only comes from forests protected and managed by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Because FSC is the gold standard in forest certification, it is the only system supported by groups such as WWF, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Natural Resources Defense Council and National Wildlife Federation. Learn more about how FSC is protecting forests for future generations here.
• Carton made with 100% Wind Energy - This paperboard packaging supplier uses 100% wind energy in the production of these boxes. This use of renewable energy reduces an estimated 4,199,796 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions annually. The greenhouse gas equivalency: comparable to taking 364 personal vehicles off the road per year.