A 100% sustainable alternative to laundry soap that's sold in plastic bottles or made with toxic ingredients. Recommended for all types of textiles, but especially fragile items like wool, silk and lace.
50g soap flakes = 3.5L of liquid soap, 70 full loads (50 mls of liquid for every full load)
• Palm oil free, no coloring, no added fragrances, no synthetic products, phosphate free and biodegradable
• Vegan and cruelty-free
• Will not pollute the waterways
• The traditional Marseille process includes the soap being cooked in cauldrons for about 10 days
• Ingredients: sodium sunflowerseedate, sodium cocoate, aqua, glycerin*, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide
• Made in Marseille, France
• How to Make 1.5L of Liquid Soap
Dilute 20g of flakes into 1 liter of super hot water, and shake until dissolved
Once dissolved, add another 1/2 liter of super hot water, totaling 1.5 liters of liquid soap
• How much to use?
Use 10 mls of liquid soap for every 1 kg of laundry
Full load of laundry = 5 kg and would call for 50 mls of liquid soap
If your water is hard, add a cupful of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner compartment at regular intervals
For a scented fragrance, add a few drops of essential oil to your washing liquid (lavender, tea tree or citrus for example)
For a whiter effect, add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda or a small handful of soda crystals
* The glycerine in our Marseille soaps has not been added, it is the one that is naturally present in vegetable oil. After a 10 day cooking period and many rinses, only a small amount remains. Authentic Marseille soap, when it is made according to traditional processes, is actually glycerine free. “Glycerine” is, however, listed in our soaps’ ingredients because some traces remain. The new cosmetic regulation requires all ingredients, even in small quantities, to be stated in the list of ingredients.