- Baby & Child
- Bath & Beauty
- Kits & Vouchers
Stasher Bags make meal prep and freezing meals in advance super duper easy, and we're here to show you a few tips and tricks to motivate you and get you started. Sometimes life happens and you just don't have time to cook a meal, but want something nourishing and homemade instead of picking over your pantry and fridge for whatever you can find.
DESIGNATE A TIME
I know firsthand how hard it can be to find time to do things that don't necessarily feel like a necessity, but setting aside 2-3 hours every week will save you time in the long run and will benefit you more than not. Lots of people like to do some meal prepping on Sundays, or at the very least two Sundays (or any day that works) a month. You might not think this will be enough time, but try it out and see for yourself. It WILL make a difference!
DOUBLE YOUR RECIPE
If finding time throughout the week to meal prep feels too hard, then you can choose to double your favorite recipes while cooking, and freeze the extra portion. It will hardly add any extra time to your day and will produce extra meals so easily. Before you know it your freezer will be stocked!
FREEZE YOUR FAVORITE SAUCES
Having pre-made sauces on hand can inspire a really quick meal. Seeing your favorite pesto or grandma's homemade marinara recipe chilling on the freezer shelf can invoke a desire for a warm pasta or veggie dish. Just freeze the sauces in the ice cube tray and pop them into your Stasher bag of choice once frozen. Then dividing out the portion you need could not be easier.
FREEZE BROTHS FOR SOUPS
This is definitely one of my favorite meal prep tricks. Making a soup is incredibly quick and easy if you have your preferred broth on hand. For my household, anytime we have a roast chicken and are low on stock, we slow cook the carcass and drippings for 24 hours to produce many portions of stock. Once cooked, we freeze in silicone trays and then transfer to our Stasher Stand Up until we're ready to use it. You can also freeze big batches of veggie or beef stock, whatever is your fav! Want to see one of my go-to soup recipes? Check it out HERE!
FOODS THAT FREEZE WELL
Needs some ideas of fabulous freezer meals? Well here you go!
Frittata, Quiche, Burrito, Lasagna, Soups, Chili, Stews, Banana Bread, Scones, All sauces like Bolognese and Marinara, Casseroles, Meatballs, Meat or Veggie Pies, Chicken Tikka Masala, Kebabs, Fish Cakes, Curried Potato Pasties, Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Cannelloni, Homemade Fish Fingers, Fried Prawn Rice, Veggie Burgers and on and on it goes. Just google for more ideas!
WAYS TO REHEAT
Did you know that Stasher Bags can go straight from freezer to oven? Yes it can! Just leave the seal open, place it on baking sheet or oven-safe pan, and place it directly in the oven. Saves on time and on washing up too.
Personally we are not a microwave family and don't actually own one, but for those of you who are, Stashers can go in the microwave too! Just remember to leave the bag open when microwaving and it will be defrosted or cooked in minutes.
We hope these tips and tricks have given you a little inspiration towards streamlining your meal prepping and planning. And if you have any of your own ideas, please do share below in the comments. Our community would love to learn more!Continue reading
Our new Stasher bag to join the party is small but mighty! You'll find the pocket size super useful for all the little things in your life and it looks so pretty too. For your daily on-the-go activities, the office, the home or on your next traveling adventure, you'll find they always come in handy. Here are 40 ways to use them, and we're sure there are much more!
1. Snacks - take a handful of almonds to-go or save a half-eaten health bar
2. Supplements - stash them in pill or powder form
3. Medicine - ibuprofen, cough drops, homeopathic remedies
4. Menstrual cup - both sides of the pocket stasher are frosted for discretion
5. Hair clips & hair ties - finally so much easier to find
6. Jewelry - transform from day to night with extra sparkles in your stasher
7. Make-up - stash midday touch up essentials like our lip tints or deodorants
8. Cards & Cash
9. Coins for laundry
10. Earbuds / phone charger
11. Essential oils
12. Crystals - take your aura with you wherever you go
13. Shampoo bar
14. Mini first-aid - stash bandages, alcohol wipes, ointment and aloe
15. Keep matches dry when you’re camping
16. Bring parmesan to a picnic
17. Pack salt for margaritas on a beach retreat
18. Stash a festival survival kit - lip balm, bandaids, bug spray, mints / chewable toothpaste, sunscreen
19. Small allen/hex keys for long-distance cycling
20. Tiny climbing gear like nuts, anchors and slings
21. Golf tees
22. Small leftover fruits and veggies - save the other half of your jalapeno, or that handful of berries your toddler demanded and then refused.
23. Loose leaf tea - stash a special blend
24. Keys for doors around the house
25. Herbs - save your sage, thyme, rosemary and more
26. Garlic cloves
27. Homemade Pesto
28. Seeds for gardening
29. Pet treats
30. Craft notions - buttons, bobbins, tape measures, etc.
31. Bolts and washers - no screws or nails!
32. Spare shoelaces and bra straps
33. Mini ice pack
34. Exercise bands
36. Business cards
37. Rubber bands
38. Paper clips
39. Flash drives
40. Sticky tack
SEE ALL STASHER BAGS HEREContinue reading